Transformational systems change is needed to get to zero waste

In 2020, 42% of waste generated in the county was managed as recycling and organics, and the remaining 58% was managed as trash. Despite implementing many new waste reduction and recycling programs and policies over the past 20 years, it has been challenging to achieve a diversion rate greater than 50%.

Achieving zero waste will require significant changes in our individual behaviors and transformative changes in the policies, programs and resources that make up the solid waste system.

The county looks forward to engaging the community to bring diverse perspectives and collective action to shape and drive this transformational change.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en-US.projects.blog_posts.show.load_comment_text">Load Comment Text</span>